Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Trip to Chichen Itza

So far, I've only been out of the country once- & it was one of the best times of my life. My family all took a trip to Riviera Maya in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula in 2006. I posted a summary of our vacation when I got back.


The highlight of the trip for me was our day trip to the ruins of Chichen Itza.

Ancient cultures have always been a source of fascination for me & the Mayan civilization of Mexico is one that sparks endless curiosity in my mind. I was just watching Apocalypto again at my parents' house the other night on an HD movie channel. I still think it is a stunning depiction of classical Mayan society.

Seeing the remains of this unique culture firsthand was an experience I'll never forget. I have alot of great photos that I'll have to upload soon. My brother took video of the site as we walked among the amazing ruins & has finally uploaded a couple segments he edited to his Youtube channel- MicProsVideos.

The first video shows some of the resort & the drive to the site. The second video highlights the footage of Chichen Itza itself.





No comments: