Thursday, November 09, 2006

Mexico Still Protesting Elections

Unlike the mainstream media, I've been following the news of ongoing Mexican protests over their Presidential elections (which were ultimately decided by a court... how novel!) They have determination & persistence that seems frighteningly absent from the American population.

I wonder what level of criminality would be required to cause Americans to rise up in the same way. (Certainly not rigged presidential elections.)

Protesters turn Mexican University
into Stronghold in Oaxaca Rebellion


I'm still convinced my Mom started this when we were in Mexico's Riviera Maya this summer. Our driver to the airport, who was a Mayan, was talking with us about their government and my Mom told him "they got to get together and speak out." Thet took her advice and then some!

No comments: