Monday, August 22, 2016

Litany Against Fear

I've been on vacation for the past week. I usually refrain from interacting with my websites or social media while I'm away. Now that I'm back, I will start to post more regularly again.

I have been going through a lot of personal changes recently. In the midst of these transitions, I try to be aware of the fact that the biggest obstacle in life is one's own fear.

Although I have never read the Dune books by Frank Herbert, they seem very interesting & I plan on reading them one day. I came across this quote awhile ago, that spoke to the effect that fear has on us and how we must address it.


Wallpaper from odrakir.com



"I must not fear. 
Fear is the mind-killer. 
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. 
I will face my fear. 
I will permit it to pass over me and through me. 
And when it has gone past 
I will turn the inner eye to see its path. 
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. 
Only I will remain."

1 comment:

Rhys Morgan said...

Read Dune. Best book about religion , leadership, AI, humanity, potential, training, and conservation I have ever read.