Monday, April 10, 2017

Dream Island Paradise

I practice basic techniques of dream yoga & recollection to enhance the hours that I'm asleep. I record some of my more vivid dreams, give myself cues as I fall asleep to remember any dreams, and give myself "reality checks" repeatedly during the day- so I also remember to do so while dreaming. This helps me remember my dream content and also helps me be more self-aware, and therefore more likely to become lucid during dream consciousness.

The Monkey Buddha Archives:

One night, I had a dream where I was crawling through thick vegetation and underbrush. When I finally emerged from the overgrown jungle, there was a beautiful tropical beach that was truly a paradise to experience.

Soon after having this dream, I was browsing the blog Awakening Our Truth and saw this image, that looked exactly like the scene in my mind's eye!

“Island of Hidden Animals" by John Mason


The link to this image has been sitting on my desktop, so I'm finally posting it. I barely made out the name of the artist in the corner, John Mason, so I did a search and found many more fantastic scenes he has created.

Here is a link to his website:


No comments: