Friday, May 12, 2023

Trump & The Anti-Christ Archetype

 

Now, I'm not saying Donald Trump is "The Anti-Christ"... but I am saying that he's the complete opposite of the idea of Jesus Christ that has been passed down to us.

The fact that Trump is still campaigning for President, and even more so that people are still backing him, is beyond absurdity. With the prevalence of social media & endless connectivity permeating our lives, American culture itself is becoming increasingly psychotic, especially when it comes to national politics. Trump is the ultimate manifestation of that cultural psychosis.

When I was younger, the idea of an "Anti-Christ" really was weird to me, for the reason in the graphic above. I didn't have the life experience to see the power in cults of personality & the appeal to authoritarianism that would make such a phenomenon possible. Now, I see that it's not only possible, but probable. However, I view the concept of an Anti-Christ as more of an archetype than any singular individual.

I'm not a Bible literalist by any means, but what confuses me is that someone who does truly believe in the danger of an Anti-Christ figure would not look at Donald Trump & immediately go, "Ummm, I'm pretty sure that guy fits the description."

Could American Evangelicals Spot the Antichrist?
Here Are the Biblical Predictions:

via www.benjaminlcorey.com

No comments: