Friday, June 21, 2013

Movie Review: "Man of Steel"



I went to see "Man of Steel" in 3D the other night & I thought it was excellent. They finally made a great Superman movie!

Usually, I pick apart superhero movies, but this was really well done & I have no major criticisms at all. I can't even sit through any of the old Chris Reeves Superman movies & I didn't even bother watching 'Superman Returns'. In this film, though, the awesome special effects were able to properly show off Superman's powers & the action was beyond intense.

The movie stayed true to the comics, but the story & visuals had effectively fresh treatments. Henry Cavill played the part of Superman perfectly.




General Zod ended up being a pretty cool villain, with epic super-battles between him & Kal El, aka Superman. Though he didn't appear, there were also hints of Lex Luthor, on trucks marked "LexCorp." in a couple scenes.

My biggest complaint is that Lois Lane should have been a brunette. For some reason, I couldn't get past her having reddish hair. If Amy Adams had this look instead, it would've been way better.


There were a few other nitpicky faults I could find with the film, but overall I really enjoyed it. It is definitely the best live action depiction of Superman so far.

One other thing I don't understand is- WHY they haven't produced a video game to go along with this movie?!?!?!?! It's unbelievable.

 The Official Monkey Buddha Rating:  8.5 out of 10

No comments: