Sunday, December 14, 2014

Retro Console Video Games

I'm continuing my theme of video game posts, going back into the history of gaming.

The Internet Archive has made available games from retro video game consoles, such as Atari 2600, Sega Master System, and Magnavox Odyssey- the first home console system.

You can click on one of the consoles to see the games that have been emulated for playing in most browsers:


I actually hate playing retro games, I find them to be tedious and not fun at all. However, I think it's great that the software is being emulated & preserved for historical purposes.

My first video game system was the Atari 2600. Even when I was a child, I knew that this was primitive technology and was slightly frustrated by its limitations.


 Atari 2600 Console & Pac-Man

1 comment:

said...

Who put the Retro Mundi in Freak Show Pinball?
HINT: 'Tis moi
http://www.retromundi.com/index.php?option=com_jvarcade&task=game&id=607&Itemid=100004
Who put the "Ape" in Buddha vs. Ape?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_KdIMhZ9-w