Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Molecular Visualizations of DNA

 

Recently I posted about a documentary I watched, called The Hidden Life of the Cell. 3D computer animation was used to show the inner mechanisms of human cells.  

I came across another video, that shifts the perspective from the cellular level to the molecular level. This animation shows the intricate processes of the molecules that form & replicate DNA.




No matter how many times I watch these little molecular machines and chemical interactions carrying out the basic functions of biological life, it never stops being fascinating.

It is a constant source of amazement that so many things are happening, trillions of times over... in every square millimeter of our bodies... in each of the trillions of lifeforms on this planet.

This reminded me of the graphic below, that I just posted to my Facebook page:

"It may look like I'm doing nothing,
but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy."


No comments: