Thursday, March 01, 2007

Neo-Mickey & Flower of Life Pattern

In my last post, I pointed out the Flower of Life patterns I spotted carved on an ancient coffin found in the recently announced "Tomb of Jesus". Well, I found yet another recognizable use of the distinctive pattern, in a completely different context. Instead of being associated with the ancient world's most well-known religious figure, this time it is associated with the modern world's most well-known pop culture figure - Mickey Mouse! In this case however, it is Neo-Mickey, a whimsical re-imagining of everyone's favorite rodent.

Even in this graphic, it seems there's a subtle, perhaps unconscious, reference to the union of polarities that the Flower of Life symbol has represented throughout history. Like I said about the number 23, it is amazing how the brain finds patterns and connections in such random things.

No comments: