Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mark Twain: The Mysterious Stranger


"Life itself is only a vision, a dream."

Looking at a video my friend sent me, I saw a link to this claymation style video labeled as "creepy kids cartoon".

Reading the comments, I saw that it was based on a Mark Twain story, "The Mysterious Stranger".

I found a longer version of the video with better sound quality:


The segment is from the kids movie "The Adventures of Mark Twain".

The dark, existential ending reminded me of Radiohead's House of Cards video that I just posted about.


"It is all a dream -
a grotesque and foolish dream.

Nothing exists but you.
And you are but a thought -
a vagrant thought,
a useless thought,
a homeless thought,
wandering forlorn
among the empty eternities!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

k