Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fox & Friends Follies

One reason U.S. politics is in such a sad state right now is the news media specifically targeted to the lowest of the low-information voters.

My news sources are very diversified: • Google NewsPulseDemocracy Now!Huffington PostTalking Points MemoBBCGuardianPolitico & many, many more.

I never hesitate to express my disdain for Fox News, due to its habit for the blatant misrepresentation of facts & its warped, myopic worldview. It's news for easily agitated people who don't really understand the dynamics of the world around them.

The late Steve Jobs put it best, when talking to Rupert Murdoch about his channel:

"The axis today is not liberal and conservative, the axis is constructive-destructive, and you've cast your lot with the destructive people. Fox has become an incredibly destructive force in our society."

I'll watch Fox sometimes (...if I'm feeling masochistic), simply because I try to understand people who have different opinions, even if I think those opinions are idiotic.


It's shocking to me when I hear someone say they rely only on Fox News for all their info... it's a sad, scary little world to be stuck in, really. Although some of the straight news programs can be ok, most of the opinion shows are absolute brain garbage.

Out of all the right-wing lunatics, knuckleheads & ignoramuses who have graced that channel- Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Eric Bolling, Ann Coulter, Dick Morris, Sarah Palin, Karl Rove, Michelle Malkin, & unfortunately so many others, there is one special trio whose air-filled heads allow them to float above the rest.

Of course, I am talking to the daily clown show that airs each morning, called Fox & Friends, starring Steve Doocy, Gretchen Carlson, & Brian Kilmeade, some of the most clueless individuals I've ever seen on TV. You'd have to strap me down in a chair, like in A Clockwork Orange, to make me watch a full episode.

Most morning talk shows are bland & insufferable (for me anyway). However, F&F takes their inanity to dizzying heights that have become the object of endless mockery for The Daily Show, Stephen Colbert, & SNL.

I have compiled a list of greatest hits & spoofs for these 3 strange human beings, that I'm finally posting... Enjoy!

Wonkette:

HufPo:






Wonkette;



No comments: