Monday, May 20, 2013

Ren & Stimpy: "Log!"


When we were younger, my siblings & I used to love the crazy cartoon Ren & Stimpy.

The uniquely bizarre animation of John Kricfalusi was retro, grotesque, funny, and visually stimulating at the same time. I'm watching some video on YouTube & getting a good laugh. I forgot how twisted that show was...

The commercial for the children's toy, "Log" is a hilarious spoof on consumer culture. It is one of the most memorable jingles I've ever heard.


Log Song

"What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!
 
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!
Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log!"

No comments: