Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Thor" Movie Review

I had a fairly eventful weekend. Sunday, I went with my brothers & one of their girlfriends to see the new movie about the Marvel character based on the Norse god of thunder- Thor.



Although I was interested in the mythologies of different cultures when I was a kid, the Thor comic book character was not really one of my favorites.
I collected titles like the X-men, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, Batman, & Superman.

Playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance gave me a newfound respect for the Son of Odin. In the game Thor's given a deservedly superior amount of power to smash the crap out of enemies.

Rating:
The movie was a solid "7" in my opinion & I enjoyed it.
It would get a better rating if there was less emphasis on the silly love story revolving around a temporarily mortal Thor & Natalie Portman's character. It was just overly corny & took away from Thor kicking ass.

We were joking about how Portman ruins the heroes of all the movies she's in, like Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars.

The adaptation of Thor to a movie was otherwise pretty good. The special effects & sound were awesome. The visuals & costumes were all cool, too. I also liked the explanation of the viking realm of the gods, Asgard. as an advanced race with power over space-time warps & other crazy technology.

I'd recommend it, unless you're a weirdo who hates superhero movies.

Personally, I'm more interested in the Green Lantern movie coming out- though I'm not a fan of the choice for Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan, nor the overly-detailed suit & bright green mask...


No comments: