Thursday, January 17, 2008

Macworld 2008 - "Yawn."

Despite being my hands-down favorite brand, Apple & it's boss, Steve Jobs, didn't really impress me with their product announcements this week... & it seems that I'm not the only one.

The Macbook Air is just a thin laptop & in many ways, it's a step backward. There isn't an optical drive in it & the gestures that were created for the iPhone's touch screen are relegated to a touchpad. Woo-hoo. If it weren't so expensive maybe it would be more appealing .

Apple's fixation on the fact that it is thin enough to fit in a manila envelope is a dumb marketing angle. In fact, someone already made a parody commercial mocking this useless selling point & the generally uninteresting nature of the new Macbook.

"Macbook Air Parody Commercial"

I'm really just bitter because I was hoping that Steve Jobs & Co. would leapfrog off the technology developed for the iPhone to finally release a Mac Tablet computer. Foiled again!




No comments: