Monday, November 22, 2010

American Masters: LENNONYC



I just finished watching a documentary about John Lennon on PBS.

PBS:
"American Masters: LENNONYC"

My Dad started playing music when he was a kid because of The Beatles. As a result I became knowledgeable of their music at a young age. John Lennon in particular was always a major creative & philosophical influence of mine.

The more I've learned about his activism over the years, the more I've come to admire his use of his ridiculous level of fame to advance a positive agenda to improve humanity. The realist in me thinks it's hopelessly naive to consider world peace to be even a remote possibility. However, I think his efforts were supremely noble- and it shows in the way the world remembers him.


"He was an artist.
Why would they want to kill an artist?"

-Yoko Ono



No comments: