Monday, January 11, 2010

The Insane Leslie Hall

I was playing with my little nephew & the kid's show Yo Gabba Gabba! was on. I don't know too much about it other than the human beatbox Biz Markie has been on there.

On the episode that was on, there was a crazy lady teaching a wacked-out dance.

Because of my encyclopedic knowledge of pop culture & Internet memes, I recognized her as the "Keeper of the Gem Sweaters" herself, Leslie Hall.



My Mom didn't believe me that it was actually a woman & was pretty much weirded out by the whole scene... while I was laughing my ass off. (My nephew just kept on playing with his trucks.)

I've mentioned Leslie Hall before
when her & other eccentric Internet personalities became advocates for Net Neutrality through classic PSA clips:

Even though her character & 'fashions' that she exhibits are borderline grotesque, I find her to be entertaining in an oddly hilarious way.

If you can handle it, she's also got a Youtube page of pure ridiculousness.

No comments: