Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How a Monkey Greets God's Emissary

It seems like it's been a while since our "Leader" has made me cringe. I thought I was either becoming numb to his lunacy- or it's just been overshadowed lately by other news.

Tonight, though, The Daily Show made me feel that good ol' cringing feeling once again - with a clip of Dubya artfully greeting the fabulously glamorous, yet still creepy, old man in lavish garb who everyone pretends is divinely important...


Is it January 2009 yet?

After the Daily Show, I watched the Pope giving a speech in English on CSpan for a little bit - but The Colbert Report is more important, of course. If Joey the Rat's accent wasn't so bad, or there were subtitles, I may have watched a tiny bit longer.

As I was wathing the news earlier, I also realized it really pisses me off that the Pope drives around in a bulletproof Pope Mobile. It proves that he doesn't believe he's really in some kind of special rapport with an all-powerful deity. He's a mortal man in a position of enormous earthly power. And he's the total icon of humility with all the robes, fur, & glitz.

I'm sure "Peter the Roman" will be much cooler than the current Emperor Palpatine lookalike.

Warning:
Clicking on this picture
will enlarge the image.

Watch out for the Force Lightning!!!

No comments: