Thursday, August 07, 2008

Paris for Prez

I've never really been a fan of Paris Hilton. However, the last couple stunts she's pulled have been really amusing to me.

The idea of having actor Maxie Santillan act as her "spiritual guru" in front of the paparazzi was a great goof. I always wonder why celebrities don't do more stuff like that.


Anyway, John McCain made his "Barack is a Celebrity" campaign ad w/ Paris & Britney Spears in it. Kathy Hilton basically responded by stating the obvious - that the ad is stupid (even for a political ad) & it's a waste of time and money. However, her mom defending her daughter in this way wasn't really surprising.

I was watching CNN a couple nights ago and saw the video response that Paris filmed. I was feeling to lazy to post about it then. The video gave me a good laugh & like everything else Paris does, it was at the top of the news the next day. It's kind of surreal to watch Paris Hilton call both Candidates for the President of the United States "bitches", but we are living in a time of warped realities. I love every minute of it.

The creator of the "rebuttal" video put it well,
"McCain made one huge mistake: He drifted into the world of pop culture. And that's Paris' world. She owns that world."

The funniest thing is that McSame was shown up by the most vapid of the celebrities that he was trying to trivialize. If John McCain can be outfoxed by Paris Hilton, how are we supposed to expect him to successfully engage hostile leaders & terrorist masterminds?!?

Finally, for what it's worth (nothing), I can say I would 1,000% rather have even Paris Hilton running the country than Dick Cheney & his monkey boy.

See more funny videos at Funny or Die

1 comment:

Iago de Otto said...

"Finally, for what it's worth (nothing), I can say I would 1,000% rather have even Paris Hilton running the country than Dick Cheney & his monkey boy."

Well, actually, I had more or less the same thought after Ms. Hilton announced her candidacy via the video response to McCain's ad. Her policies as stated (and at least she was stating policies) are much more sound than any sound bite that's ever squelched out of the BFEE crowd.