Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Music Musings

I listen to any & all types of music... except for country.

The reason I love Sirius satellite radio is that I can switch between artists as widely varied as The Beatles, Notorious BIG, Norah Jones, Armin van Buuren, Radiohead, Marvin Gaye, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc, etc.

I often have particular songs playing over & over in my head for any given period of time. Recently a few songs have been on a repeating loop in my mind.

I was a teenager in Middle School when 'grunge' music was the big thing. I bought Nirvana "Nevermind" the day it it came out (on cassette tape, ha!) Pearl Jam's "Ten" was also a favorite album of mine at the time. I heard this recent Pearl Jam release from their album "Backspacer" over the weekend & can't get it out of my head:



I also love jazz & R&B, and Sadé has long been one of my favorite female artists. She has so many great songs & is still amazing at 40.

She performed the new song "Soldier of Love" on TV recently & since I heard it the song has also been stuck in my mind. The video is a little crazy, but Sadé is simply one of the best recording artists, period.




Moving onto the hip-hop front, I like the new remix Snoop Dogg's "I Wanna Rock" w/ Jay-Z. However, the "Green Remix" of the song is horrible.

No comments: