Thursday, January 20, 2011

Infinite Napoleon Tetherball

Napoleon Dynamite is one of those comedies that I can watch over & over & over. It's also a favorite source of quotes for me and my family.

This looping GIF animation of the goofy Napoleon, endlessly playing his beloved tetherball in front of a majestic mountain range, has an oddly Zen-like quality to it:



Napoleon Dynamite: Well, nobody's going to go out with *me*!
Pedro: Have you asked anybody yet?
Napoleon Dynamite: No, but who would? I don't even have any good skills.
Pedro: What do you mean?
Napoleon Dynamite: You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
Pedro: Aren't you pretty good at drawing, like animals and warriors and stuff?
Napoleon Dynamite: Yes... probably the best that I know of.
Pedro: Just draw a picture of the girl you want to take out... and give it to her for like a gift or something.
Napoleon Dynamite: That's a pretty good idea.

1 comment:

Kimmo Framelius said...

GREETINGS