Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pleasing the Client

As a professional designer, I've learned that the most important thing is to give the client what they want. Luckily, most of the clients I've dealt with have enough experience & good taste to make decent design decisions.

Sometimes, the client's requests can clash with the artist's vision for a design. One of the challenges of graphic art is to incorporate everything requested, while making it all look good.

I've also learned NOT to show concepts that I really hate as an option- because that will inevitably be the one that is chosen!

I can definitely relate to this comic strip by Jesie Castro, showing the danger of trying to use reverse psychology in the design process. I saw it posted on the hilarious website Clients from Hell:


Also relevant:
The Oatmeal:


No comments: