Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Ancestral Wisdom


Although I've never connected directly with the spirits of my ancestors, I doubt they would have much to tell me that could guide me any better than I can guide myself.

As Luke Skywalker said, "A thousand generations live in you now" & I do deeply feel the legacy of my ancestors in my genetic and behavioral makeup. I often think about the countless people (& even more ancient lifeforms) that preceded me, and how I will never know anything at all about these beings that resulted in my existence. It's one of those strange existential ponderings... like the vast size of the universe... that kind of short-circuits your brain.

That being said... I most closely identify with my ape-man ancestor, grunting angrily in primitive efforts at communication.

No comments: