Saturday, August 03, 2024

Neonna Loretta Micarelli's 1st Birthday!

 

My daughter Neonna Loretta Micarelli turned one year old, and we had a wonderful party with many family & friends to celebrate the milestone.

Photo Album:
Neonna Loretta Micarelli 1st Birthday

Neonna is my perfect little pumpkin! She is an absolute joy from the time she wakes up in the morning, with a big grin on her face. 😄  Her presence is a blessing, bringing a smiles to the faces of everyone she meets. She is already funny and cracks me up, without being able to talk. She is active and strong, like her big brother Paul Giuseppe. Loretta & I just look at her sweet face and cannot believe it. We are so happy to celebrate such a beautiful, wonderful spirit this & every day!

 


Unfortunately, on her birthday our usually happy & smiley little angel was not feeling well... teething & nap-deprived, in the brutal heat. The poor baby was miserable, would not sleep, & did not want to be put down. She still had a very special day, with many family & friends coming out to celebrate her first year of life. 

 


Paul (me) with Neonna, Paulie, & Loretta


 

As the day went on, she started feeling better, & I took her over to the kiddie pool and sprinkled her with water to cool her off. She finally started walking around and smiling again. Neonna has recently begun to walk, so she was getting around the party on her own two feet. Paulie was still relying on a walker on his 1st birthday (even if he did literally burn holes in his little Converse All Stars from scooting around on a concrete patio).

Although it was stressing us out not knowing how sick she was (because a baby can't tell you anything), parenting is always stressful. We were just deeply grateful that we were able to celebrate her turning one & to have her in our lives. I always knew I wanted to be a father, but it is completely overwhelming to really consider the awesome responsibility of raising a child. My wife and I started our family later in life, so we have the maturity to appreciate the wonder of manifesting a new human life into the world.

Neonna is such a pure & beautiful little soul. I hope & dream that she has a blessed life, full of happiness and fulfillment. I hope I'm around long enough to watch her & Paulie grow through the important stages of their lives and continue to enjoy their presence every day.

No comments: