Thursday, June 22, 2017

Big Paul's Adventures in History VII

I have a lot of photos of my Dad sleeping in many different chairs, on many different occasions.  

Before his retirement last year, he worked hard in the food retail business all his life. When he would get a chance to sit down & relax, it usually turns into a snoozefest. Family events or holidays inevitably become napping opportunities for the big guy.

My old friend Dan J. gave me the idea- to have pictures of my Dad sleeping right through important times in history. I thought this idea was hysterical & created this series of "snapshots" showing Big Paul experiencing historic events, in his own special way.


This is the seventh set of of "History Adventures," as he sleeps his way through the most important events in history.

To commemorate my Dad's birthday & Father's Day, I made the 3 new History Adventures below.

Click the link to see the whole series:





 "Big Paul's Adventures in History"
Muhammad Ali

The Champ yells at Big Paul to get up, 
but he was knocked out before the fight even began!

 
 "Big Paul's Adventures in History"
Battle at Iwo Jima

Marines raise the American flag, 
amazed that someone could sleep through the battle.

"Big Paul's Adventures in History"
Fall of the Berlin Wall

The sledgehammers, smashing the symbol of Communist oppression, 
were completely drowned out by the sound of Big Paul snoring.

No comments: