Sunday, August 30, 2020

Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker - Force Ghost Edit

 

As a life-long Star Wars fan, I've posted plenty about my favorite series on this blog. I've also had my share of criticism, especially for the finale of the Skywalker movie saga

Review: 

"Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker"

My biggest of the many criticisms, that you can read at the link above, is the omission of Anakin Skywalker from the sequel trilogy.

A fan name Josh edited an excellent sequence together from the final battle between Rey & her grandpappy Palpatine. It shows what was egregiously missing from the actual movie - the spirits of the Jedi aiding Rey in defeating the Sith Lord once & for all.

STAR WARS Rise of Skywalker- Rey Vs Palpatine (Force Ghost Edit)


My only grievance with this edit is that a legion of past Jedi weren't all shown behind Rey. I think a similar inclusion of a crowd of Jedi spirits should also have happened on Tatooine at the very end, when Luke & Leia's ghosts appear to her. They should at least have included Anakin, but no... who gives a damn about the character that the entire story was based on? Grrrrr....

This relatively simple edit by a fan shows how easily the shitshow of The Rise of Skywalker could have been made into something truly epic.

As I said in my review, & I'll repeat here, Kathleen Kennedy, JJ Abrahms, Rian Johnson, the Star Wars story group, & everyone involved in the production of these movies basically fucked it up. My optimism regarding Disney's acquisition of the franchise was definitely misplaced.

If only they had hired someone like me - with just a bit of creative vision, who actually gives a crap about the integrity of the property. Although I will watch the movies with my son & still enjoy them, I think I will be bitter about the way it was handled for the rest of my life.


No comments: