Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Green Tea: The Greatest Drink in History


"There is no trouble so great or grave

that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea."

~ Bernard-Paul Heroux


The other day I was reading this article by the widely-recognized Dr. Andrew Weil. It was about the benefits of my favorite beverage, hot or cold,- green tea:


Huffington Post:
"A Life with Tea"

My family usually has coffee & tea after a Sunday dinner. I think in college is when I really started drinking green tea. That's also the last time I occasionally drank coffee, since I was always so hungover in the morning after partying with my roommates on the weekends- which was when I had to go to work.

Nowadays, I drink the Arizona or Turkey Hill green tea as my go-to cold beverage. Nowadays I have no desire whatsoever to drink soda or other sweetened drinks unless I'm mixing Jack Daniels or some other liquor. Every morning at the studio I also make myself a cup of hot green tea w/ honey. My usual choice is green tea w/ mint in teabags, nothing fancy. I should really brew vats of it like my Mom does for regular iced tea and chill it.

Besides the potential health benefits, brewed green tea is really a taste that I savor. Although I haven't actually drank tea in the manner of a fancy Japanese ceremony, just the experience of sipping a regular hot cup of tea is calming enough for me.

No comments: