Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Say Goodbye to... Crazy Hair

One song that's been stuck in my head recently is Billy Joel's classic "Say Goodbye to Hollywood".




On Sirius, I heard a version of the song with Ronnie Spector of The Ronettes & backed by Bruce Springsteen's E-Street Band. I came home & looked it up on Youtube:



Interestingly, Billy Joel actually wrote the song about her, which she then covered. It's got to be a little strange to sing a song somebody else wrote about you.

Anyway, I was looking at old photos of The Ronettes & other music of the day on the amazing Google Images. I then came across this dude, by the name of Wayne Cochran aka. The White Knight of Soul...


I saw this crazy hair and thought immediately of Ronnie Spector's one-time husband, the psycho producer & creepy goblin Phil Spector. The wigs Phil Spector wore during his murder trial were mind-bogglingly, outrageously bad. He should have just worn a sign on his chest that said "I'm a lunatic, put me away!!!"

So that's how my brain jumps from Billy Joel... to Phil Spector's wigs.

No comments: