Monday, August 09, 2010

Big Paul's Adventures in History II

I have alot of photos of my Dad sleeping in many different chairs on many different occasions. He has worked hard in the food retail business all his life, but when he gets a chance to sit down & relax it usually turns into a snoozefest. Family events or holidays inevitably become napping opportunities for the big guy.

My old friend Dan J. gave me the idea to have him sleeping right through important times in history. I thought this idea was hysterical & created this series of "snapshots" showing Big Paul experiencing historic events in his own special way.


This is the second set of of "adventures" as he relaxes his way through history, & I have at least one more set to make:


"Big Paul's Adventures in History"
U.S. Declaration of Independence
My Dad's passed out during the symbolic birth of America.




"Big Paul's Adventures in History"
D-Day, Normandy Beach
My Dad relaxes in his beach chair as the Allied forces storm the French coastline.




"Big Paul's Adventures in History"
WW2 Yalta Conference
My Dad snoozes straight through the photo-op at the summit with Churchill, Roosevelt, & Stalin.

No comments: