Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Favorite Musicians


I have the TV on in the other room playing
VH1's 100 Greatest Artists Countdown.

I'm a sucker for any showcase of random good music.

Picking my favorite music artists is a tough task because I like pretty much all genres of music, except country. It's probably easier to pick my top 3 than my top 10 because there is so much music that I love.... rock, electronic, hip-hop, jazz, ambient, pop, whatever....

Although legends like Michael Jackson & Elvis are undeniably great top artists, they aren't my personal favorites. At this particular moment, I'll rank my top 10 like this:

1. The Beatles
2. The Doors
3. Bob Marley & The Wailers
4. Jimi Hendrix
5. Guns N' Roses
6. Notorious BIG
7. Pink Floyd
8. Rolling Stones
9. Sade
10. U2

Anyone who denies that The Beatles are the greatest band ever is an ignoramus. Beyond that, it's all subjective.

One artist who was on the Top 5 that I can't stand is Bob Dylan. Personally, I just don't enjoy listening to his music at all. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Other than that, the Top 20 final picks were pretty good.

No comments: