Monday, September 20, 2010

Ungodly Defense Aquisition Chart

While I'm on the topic of crazy infographics, I also recently saw this migrane-inducing chart on BoingBoing that I have to mention. It outlines The Pentagon's processes of acquiring tech & equipment in excruciating detail.

This is on a level of graphic insanity comparable to the Afganistan" Stability" Graphic I posted about awhile back.

For me, having the responsibility of making this chart would be a task comparable to eternal torment in Tartarus, the abysmal realm that's below even the underworld Hades in Greek mythology.

I'm sure it's very useful to people in the military-industrial complex who rely on it. Personally, however, I don't ever want to see it again.

Wired:
"Pentagon’s Craziest PowerPoint Slide Revealed"

(click to enlarge, if you dare)


No comments: