Monday, April 30, 2012

Bits of Terence McKenna

For reasons unknown, I just finished listening to a 10 hour workshop of pure crazy wisdom by the Master himself, the late Terence McKenna. It took awhile, but I listened to it in segments when I could.

It would be an understatement to say that McKenna was one of the most unique visionary minds of the late 20th century. He passed away in 2000, but thanks to the Internet, his brilliant madness lives on.

Reality Sandwich:

Some of his ideas are still waaaaay out there, but he was loquacious and witty in a way that was completely genius & novel.

Whether or not his various individual theories were correct, he introduced a concept that I think should be further examined- the fractal modeling of time.

I think fractal models can greatly increase our understanding of both space and time, in the same way the development of calculus has advanced science greatly since Newton's day.

Despite McKenna's tendency to externalize his wacked-out experiences onto the Universe-at-large, both physical and temporal experience are ultimately only in our heads.

Here are a couple select nuggets of Terence's crazy wisdom that I've seen posted recently:

 Terence McKenna: Art

Terence McKenna: Life is a Joke



1 comment:

Jonesy said...

Nice post - I run the site
http://mckennaforum.com
swing by and say hello to the community

Also I am curious about the boardgame you invented, sounds cool!
Best,
Jonesy