Monday, October 14, 2013

Omni Reboot

 Omni Magazine- November 1978
This is an issue from the year I was born,
featuring cover art by H.R. Giger.

When I was growing up, my Mom would take me & my siblings to the local library to check out books. My thirst for knowledge was as great back then as it is now, so I would check out a wide array of books each time I went.

I've posted before about the importance of my early reading habits to my intellectual development. Specifically, I mentioned the many interesting Usborne books I used to love as a kid- about UFO's, Monsters, Ghosts, and the Future.

The Monkey Buddha Archives:



Even at a young age, these books reflected my interest in the many mysteries of the world.

Omni magazine was another publication that inspired my interest in both science & the strangeness in the Universe that science attempted to explain. I would take out 2 or 3 Omni magazines from the library at a time to read. My young, curious mind couldn't get enough of the far-out ideas in their pages.

 As a credit to the many other people the magazine inspired, Omni has finally been "rebooted" online:


There is no better medium for an intellectual forum which has been such a rich source of vision regarding technology, futurism, & Fortean phenomena.

Thanks to the wonder of the Internet, it is now also possible to go back and read old issues of the magazine, in digital format:

Internet Archive:


No comments: