Monday, October 31, 2016

"Echoes"

My last post was about fractal animations, and on BoingBoing I saw another interesting video using fractal animation.
It is called "Echoes" by artist Chris Bjerre. The animation uses a simple black & white palette, but explores a kaleidoscope of ever-changing forms.


At one point in the animation (00:38), the pattern known as "The Flower of Life" briefly emerges. This design is the basis for the strategy game that I created, "Da Vinci's Challenge". This pattern is an element of sacred geometry, the study of the forms and relationships that underly reality.


I'm not sure whether this pattern was programmed into the sequence in some way, or if it organically arose from the fractal mathematics.

Either way, this fundamental pattern appeared in the chaotic variation of fractal forms. Since my eye is trained to look for this design, it popped out at me & inspired me to share.

No comments: